The coal dock was built about 1870 by Charles E. Davis. He sold it to Walter O. Luscombe in 1890. It became Dyer’s (Falmouth Coal Company) in 1922.

Customs House and coal dock

Customs house and C.E. Davis coal dealer business with coaling pockets and dock behind, 1870s-1880s. A local customs house was an important agency in a village which received a great amount of imported materials for the Pacific Guano Company from various foreign locales. Walter O. Luscombe bought this property and leased it for many years to Wilbur Dyer.